WELCOME TO TESL POWER HSBM. I BELIEVE THAT LEARNING IS A NEVER ENDING PROCESS. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DROP YOUR COMMENTS FOR THE IMPROVEMENT OF THIS BLOG. THANK YOU.

MS MARIA LIZA LATIFF

Saturday, April 3, 2021

Former student?

My friend was hungry and so I accompanied her to have lunch at a cafe just now. After we ordered our food, I saw a little girl of about 3 years old, sitting at the next table talking to her mother. I wasn't paying much attention to the girl or her mother who glanced and smiled at me. I just returned her smile and that was when my eyes caught the sight of another girl who sat at the far end corner of the place. I recognised her immediately. She was my former student. She was sitting there with her three other friends. I realised that she noticed me but pretended not to see me. I boasted to my friend that I could identify my student's face that was sitting there and I could even recall her name. She chose to ignore me so, I would just do the same. When it was time to pay, the cashier told my friend that the woman, who was with her little daughter, that sat at the table next to us had already paid for us. She mentioned that she paid for her teacher. I was dumbfounded. I didn't even realise who that woman was. My former student? Why didn't she introduce herself? I didn't pay attention to her at all and didn't even realise when she left the cafe (while we were eating and chatting of course). Well, life is full of ironies.... May Allah bless her...


MLPML

No comments: